Business & Industrial Development, Economic Development Representative
Under general supervision, this is experienced level business development work. The objective is to identify growth companies and facilitate business investment and job growth in the State of West Virginia.
The position reports directly to the Director of Business & Industrial Development in the West Virginia Development Office.
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a major in a relevant field such as industrial development, finance, economics, marketing, etc.
Two years of full-time paid professional experience in a relevant position such as business development, sales, marketing, banking, consulting, marketing, commercial real-estate or economics.
Successful track record in negotiating and closing complex transactions.
Two years of successful sales, business development exceeding performance metrics.
The ideal candidate for the position will be:
- Leader: Recognized as an effective leader and goal focused motivator.
- Team Oriented: Able to work in a collaborative culture. Track record of success in team setting, extracurricular activities, etc.
- Purpose Driven: Believes in the mission to catalyze opportunities for West Virginia
- Motivated: Self-starter with great time management skills
- Achievement Oriented: Consistently have attained/exceeded individual and team goals
- Competitive: Loves to compete, thinks strategically about the path to victory, and puts in the work to succeed.
- Highly Intelligent: A quick study, able to grasp business drivers and position our assets for success.
- Disciplined: Brings a proven ability to execute without supervision.
- Collaborative: Leverages the strengths of others while personally supporting and enabling others to succeed.
- Open Communicator: Excellent listener; proven ability to negotiate with all constituents.
- Credible: A reputation for sustained, principle-centered, win-win relationships
- Curious: Has a genuine drive for continuous learning and a better understanding of the world.
Extensive state, national, and some international travel may be required.
Send Resumes to: