A World of Opportunity
The International Development Team assists companies from Asia, Europe and around the world in establishing facilities in West Virginia and supports our existing companies in increasing their exports.
Over 136 companies from 30 countries have chosen West Virginia as their ideal operational base in North America. West Virginia companies, both large and small, contribute to the growth in our exports. In 2018, West Virginia exports were valued at $8.1 billion.
The International Development Team is focused on enhancing West Virginia’s success in the global economy.
Through our West Virginia-based staff and representative offices located in Japan and Switzerland, we assist international companies as they expand to North America. International companies continue to invest in the state due to our affordable cost of doing business, skilled workforce, positive business climate and various other factors.
To attract more international investment activities and opportunities to West Virginia
- Site selection assistance
- Loan program assistance
- Labor force recruitment
- Employee training programs
- Tax credits and Tax Increment Financing
- Tourism development and attraction
Europe and Japan
Along with our West Virginia office, we also have representative offices located in Europe and Japan. Our multi-lingual representatives make it easy to research, visit and locate your perfect site.
West Virginia Europe Office
The West Virginia Europe Office located in Zurich, Switzerland, provides a central point of contact for European companies considering an investment into the United States. With multi-lingual representatives, communication is easy and efficient.
About West Virginia’s Exporting Assistance
In 2018, West Virginia businesses exported goods and services to more than 140 countries. The Export Promotion Program is committed to assisting small and mid-sized West Virginia companies as they navigate the global marketplace.
West Virginia export assistance is available through:
- Trade Shows & Missions
- Foreign Buyer Delegations
- Market Research – RAISE Initiative
- Export Assistance Program – First STEP, Next STEP
Export Assistance Team’s Services
- Provides export counseling
- Organizes participation in trade shows and missions
- Connects exporters with freight forwarders, bankers, translators, and other service providers
STEP Export Program
West Virginia’s First STEP, Next STEP Export Assistance Program consists of four different programs meant to help businesses reach international markets.
- Export Promotion Program
- International Trade Exhibition Program
- West Virginia Trade Show Pavilions Program
- Market Finder Reimbursement Program