The West Virginia Pavilions will be funded in part by the WV First STEP-Next STEP program. West Virginia Trade Show Pavilions offer small businesses the opportunity to exhibit at quality international trade shows for a fraction of the cost and with very little legwork required.May 6 – 13, 2019
For each West Virginia Trade Show Pavilion, four or more small businesses with a qualifying product or service will be selected to participate.
Applications must be approved prior to the commencement of the selected trade show.
Applicants must demonstrate that exhibiting at the selected trade show will support a new international market entry or a new market expansion project such as a new product launch, selling to new geographical area within a country, or catering to a new industry sector.
Preference will be given to applicants with prior domestic or international trade show experience.
Expectations from selected participants:
- A shared space within the selected pavilion will be awarded to selected participants. Participants are expected to provide company graphics, such as company logo and pictures in high resolution, as well as other requested company information to the West Virginia First-STEP Next-STEP team.
- Participating business must staff their booth space with direct employees or authorized company representatives.
- Associated travel expenses will be considered the participating company’s contribution to this funding program and will not be eligible for reimbursement.
The West Virginia First STEP-Next STEP funding period is October 1, 2018, through September 29, 2020.
Small Business Eligibility Criteria
An eligible small business must meet the following criteria in order to be considered to receive a Market Finder Reimbursement:
- Is organized or incorporated in the United States
- Has a physical address located in West Virginia
- Complies with The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) size standards
- Has been in business for no less than one (1) year
- Has access to sufficient resources to bear the cost associated with trade, including the costs of packing, shipping, freight forwarding, and customs brokers
- Has a finished product or qualifying service with at least 51% U.S. content
- Is not barred from receiving federal funds
- Is in good standing with the West Virginia State Department of Tax and Revenue
- Agrees to complete one post-event survey, and one program closeout survey during the first year, and a yearly performance survey for the next two years