Rock Creek Development Park
Gateway to Growth and Revitalization in Southern West Virginia
In January 2016, Governor Earl Ray Tomblin announced plans to develop the largest mixed-use development project in West Virginia history. The site offers the opportunity to foster residential, commercial, industrial, recreational and educational development in southern West Virginia. The State of West Virginia is actively promoting available property for industrial development.
State’s Strong Commitment to Next Steps
The Rock Creek Development Park project is a significant undertaking, but the State of West Virginia is committed to bringing this vision to fruition. Next step plans for development include:
Become a Partner
The Rock Creek Development Park project represents vast potential to bring about economic restructuring in the southern region of West Virginia, a region that has been affected by the downturn of the coal industry. This project holds great potential for both the region and investors as we chart a brighter course for the Mountain State.
Stay up to date with the latest news about Rock Creek Development Park.
Business & Industrial Development, Economic Development Representative
Under general supervision, this is experienced level business development work. The objective is to identify growth companies and facilitate business investment and job growth in the State of West Virginia.
The position reports directly to the Director of Business & Industrial Development in the West Virginia Development Office.
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a major in a relevant field such as industrial development, finance, economics, marketing, etc.
Two years of full-time paid professional experience in a relevant position such as business development, sales, marketing, banking, consulting, marketing, commercial real-estate or economics.
Successful track record in negotiating and closing complex transactions.
Two years of successful sales, business development exceeding performance metrics.
The ideal candidate for the position will be:
- Leader: Recognized as an effective leader and goal focused motivator.
- Team Oriented: Able to work in a collaborative culture. Track record of success in team setting, extracurricular activities, etc.
- Purpose Driven: Believes in the mission to catalyze opportunities for West Virginia
- Motivated: Self-starter with great time management skills
- Achievement Oriented: Consistently have attained/exceeded individual and team goals
- Competitive: Loves to compete, thinks strategically about the path to victory, and puts in the work to succeed.
- Highly Intelligent: A quick study, able to grasp business drivers and position our assets for success.
- Disciplined: Brings a proven ability to execute without supervision.
- Collaborative: Leverages the strengths of others while personally supporting and enabling others to succeed.
- Open Communicator: Excellent listener; proven ability to negotiate with all constituents.
- Credible: A reputation for sustained, principle-centered, win-win relationships
- Curious: Has a genuine drive for continuous learning and a better understanding of the world.
Extensive state, national, and some international travel may be required.
Send Resumes to:
WEST VIRGINIA DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
PRIVACY NOTICE SUMMARY
Last Update: 11/28/11
This is a summary of the West Virginia Department of Commerce’s privacy notice. This summary and the full privacy notice apply to the Department’s website and services that display or link to this notice. To review the full privacy notice click here. To review WV.gov privacy notice click here.
- We collect information (name, electronic or postal address, etc.) that you choose to give us.
- The information we collect may be combined with information obtained from other Executive Branch Departments’ websites and services.
- Information is retained in accordance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, and other policies.
USES OF INFORMATION
- We use personal information for purposes that relate to the reason you provide it. If information is used for another purpose, we will obtain your permission.
- For purposes matching the reason you provided the information, or as required by law, we may share your information with other state and federal agencies as well as others we have hired to assist us.
- We may share non-personal information for purposes related to improving our business practices.
- To the extent permitted by law, information collected by the West Virginia Small Business Development Center ("WVSBDC") will be treated as confidential and will not be disclosed. Under federal law, the WVSBDC may not disclose the name, address, or telephone number of any individual or small business receiving assistance without consent of such individual or small business unless (i) the Administrator of the Small Business Administration ("SBA Administrator") is ordered to make such a disclosure by a court in any civil or criminal enforcement action initiated by a Federal or State agency; or (ii) the SBA Administrator considers such a disclosure to be necessary for the purpose of conducting a financial audit of a small business development center, but a disclosure for this purpose shall be limited to the information necessary for such audit. The SBA Administration may access program activity data and use client information to conduct client surveys. 12 U.S.C.A § 648(a)(7)(A) (2010).
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
- You have the right to review the personal information you provide us and to update or correct that information.
- If you have consented to an electronic exchange of information, you may cancel that consent by following the instructions in the email you receive.
- If you provide information to any of our agency websites, you may choose to remove it at any time.
- All personal information and non personal information is stored on a secured computer server. Some of the applications serving the public are hosted on different servers that have additional security measures, depending upon the type of information required and obtained. Local, more detailed notices regarding privacy and security will be provided to users while using these features.
- Agencies processing credit card information are required to be compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS).
HOW TO CONTACT US
- To review our full privacy notice, please click here.
- West Virginia Division of Energy Employee Privacy Notice.
- West Virginia Development Office Employee Privacy Notice.
- West Virginia Office of the Commerce Secretary Employee Privacy Notice.
I AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE PRIVACY NOTICE.
Page Not Found
This page may have moved or is no longer available. Please try one of the following:
- Check the Web address you entered to make sure if it's not a typo.
- Try to access the page directly from our menu system instead of using a bookmark or favorite (update your bookmark).
- Use our Site Search feature.
Welcome to West Virginia
We believe there’s no better place to build and grow a business in the Eastern United States than West Virginia. Let us show you why. On this site you’ll find information about the state of West Virginia, from our history and population data to business climate information and key industry profiles. We’ll show you how the West Virginia Department of Commerce partners with companies to develop business in West Virginia. Our strategic location, low cost of doing business, and productive workforce add up to unexpected value and unrivaled advantages.
Contact for Media:
Chelsea A. Ruby
Director of Marketing and Communications
West Virginia Department of Commerce